Saturday, December 24, 2011 6:15pm
Let's have a fishing contest! The contest will run throughout the day, and the players that catch the biggest freshwater and saltwater fish (by length) will win a special Golden Fishing Pole at the end of the day.
Status: The contest has concluded, and the servers are no longer online.
Fishing Contest Rules
All fish to be considered must be caught on December 26th, before 6:00 PM Mountain Time to be considered for the contest. (Current fish you're already holding can't be entered into the contest.)
We'll keep a running tally of who has the record for longest fresh and salt water fish throughout the day on the website.
If you catch a fish that is larger than the one currently listed in this post - make a reply in this thread. Please include your in-game character's name and the name, and length of the fish you caught. Do not throw the fish away!
I will verify on the server that players claims are accurate. There may be some delay before claims are verified.
In the case of a tie, all tied players will receive a Golden Fishing Pole.
Whats New in 5.5.2a
The contest will include a minor version release of the client:
- New Fish - The number of fish to catch has nearly tripled!
- New Bait Type - Smaller fish can now be used as bait to catch larger fish.
- New Fishing Skill - A new fishing skill can be learned to catch fish further from shore.
- New Fishing Gear - New fishing gear has been added to the game.
- Skill Levels - The players current skill level is now considered when catching fish.
- Expanded Inventory - Player inventory space has been increased, and an 'expanded' inventory view has been added.
- If you don't know where to find the fishing stick, or how to fish - be sure to watch the Alpha 5.5.0 video.
- Be sure to vary fishing skills (techniques) and baits - some fish are picky.
- There are other good fishing spots besides the lake next to camp!
- Different times of day are better for catching some fish - so vary your fishing times in different areas as well!
If You Haven't Participated in Testing Previously...
Antilia's alpha tests are open to everyone - all you need is a forum account. Once you have created an account and logged in, you will see a large 'play' button in the main header menu at the top of the page while the test is in progress. Click on it to review the EULA, system requirements, and download the game client. (If you do not see the large 'play' link in the main menu, it is likely the test hasn't started yet.)
Discuss "Kasau Fishing Contest - Monday, December 26, 2011"