Monday, December 19, 2011 3:21pm
It's time to plan the next alpha test! As of this morning the new-feature lock went into place - leaving just enough time to add in a bit more content and some more developer testing.
Testing for today is complete - hope to see you next time!
As we get closer, I'll try to keep the first post of this thread up-to-date with the latest additions and instructions. Testers will not need to download anything new if they already have the client - it'll automatically update itself when we are ready to test. We'll let you know when the new version has been uploaded and testing has officially begun.
What's New in 5.5.2:
- Cooking - Finally, players can cook up all those fish... This also includes Cooking Stations, where players can use their cooking skills, and Dozens of Cooking Ingredients added to camp and throughout the Isle of Kasau.
- Chat bubbles - We've decided to move in the direction of using chat bubbles for a more immerse world. These will be improved/enhanced in the future - for now, this is just a 'rough' initial release of the system to get a 'feel' for it.
- NPC Conversations - The framework has been laid for NPC conversations - though like the chat bubbles this system is still a work-in-progress.
- NPC Musings - NPCs now 'muse' about things while idle.
- Per-skill Experience Tracking - You now gain experience each time you use a skill. Your current level and progress toward your next level can be observed in the skills window.
Improvements / Bug Fixes
- Improved Information Panel - The information panel now works for both world objects and items in your inventory. The panel has been improved to include a 3D preview, as well as additional statistics for specific item types.
- Improved performance via viewport culling. Further performance improvements are still planned.
- Re-designed the way skills and inventory are cached on the server to reduce database load and improve server performance.
- Fixed missing "welcome" message when joining the game.
- Hot-keys can now both open and close inventory and skill windows.
- Fixed issue with some skills not 'cooling down' properly.
- Fixed issue with some skills not moving to the hotbar correctly.
- Fixed incorrect count when receiving Iichii Meat.
- Restored missing "Forest Jidou".
- Attempted t o fix day/night cycles out of sync across clients. - Needs Testing
- When all equipped bait is used up, it is now removed from the hotbar.
Note: This release does not contain any changes for improving graphics compatibility, and should maintain the same compatibility behavior as 5.5.1.
If you haven't tested previously...
Antilia's alpha tests are open to everyone - all you need is a forum account. Once you have created an account and logged in, you will see a large 'play' button in the main header menu at the top of the page while the test is in progress. Click on it to review the EULA, system requirements, and download the game client. (If you do not see the large 'play' link in the main menu, it is likely the test hasn't started yet.)
Hope to see you all there!
Discuss "Alpha Test 5.5.2 - Tuesday, December 20th!"